- Establishes a consistent and reliable baseline that suits your household.
- Helps train you, the SAHM, in the classic art of delegation. Delegating frees a SAHM up to do more complex organizational tasks and decorating to make the house more of a home. Modelling specialization is healthy and a sign of civilization.
- Makes it easier to teach the children basics of housecleaning because you aren’t worn out from constant maintenance/fire-putting-out cleaning. SAHMs who try to do it all have a much harder time raising children who have any experience with household chores. The kids just get used to watching Mamma drudge through everything.
- Provides employment and builds community relations by keeping money in the community and by not being as strict an employer/employee setup, but something more casual and with the opportunity to build acquaintance and properly ordered mingling of social classes.
- Shows the children there are many ways to make a living that are respectable and decent paying and strikes a tiny but noticeable blow at the modern cult of the makework desk job as only “real” job.